Key Fire Pro Flow LDH rubber covered lay flat hose with aluminum locking storz couplings. Pro-Flow is a high quality nitrile/PVC through the weave rubber covered lay flat supply fire hose. Meets or exceeds all requirements of NFPA 1961 for supply hose. Offers superior resistance to most chemicals, hydrocarbons, oils alkalis, acids and greases. Exellent ozone resistance. All weather performance down to -35 degrees F.
High nitrile content for maximum flexibility and long-term resistance to ozone sets the Key Fire Pro Flow LDH hose apart from other rubber covered hoses. All Key Fire hoses are service tested before shipment!
- 10 Year Mfg. Warranty against Mfg. defects
- Nitrile/PVC Through-The-Weave
- Rubber Covered Construction
- NFPA Compliant LDH Supply Hose
- Resistance to sea water (hose)
- Chemical Resistance
- Heat Resistance
- Maintenance Free
Test Ratings (Water Only)
- 225 PSI Service Pressure (A 3-minute hydrostatic test conducted by users on in-service hose to determine suitability for continued service)
- 450 PSI Proof Test Pressure (A pressure equal to a least two times the service test pressure)
- 675 PSI Burst Test Pressure
- Municipal Fire Departments
- Large Diameter Hydrant to Pumper
- Pumper to Pumper Relay
- LDH supply lines
Competitive Cross Reference Part Numbers
- 50PF25YL = HFX50X25Y50S or RC50-450Y-25-STZ
- 50PF25RD = HFX50X25R50S or RC50-450R-25-STZ
Download Spec Sheet
5" Hose Storz Couplings
- Inside diameter of a storz coupling tabs or flanges - 5 13/16 inches (148mm)
Storz is a type of hose coupling that connects using interlocking hooks and flanges. Amongst other uses, it has been widely employed on fire hoses in firefighting
Most Storz connectors are usually made of aluminum. It is sometimes referred to as a sexless coupling, because rather than having a male and a female end connected by screw threads, either identical end can be joined to any other end of the same diameter. This is also called hermaphroditic
or two-way connection. To couple a Storz connection, the two opposing
couplings are pressed together such that the hooks of each one are
inserted into the slots in the flange of the other. Then they are
rotated in opposite directions until they are tight, or latches engage.
This creates a water-tight connection between the internal packing
gaskets. To uncouple them, the latches are released and the connectors
are turned in the opposite directions from coupling, and then separated
when the hooks and slots are aligned. Special Storz wrenches are designed for assisting with use of Storz connectors.
The main benefit to using Storz couplings is speed of hose
connection, as a hose can be locked with a quarter-turn. By comparison,
locking hoses using threaded couplings often takes several turns.
Because of this, Storz couplings are widely viewed as a safer
alternative to using threaded couplings. A secondary benefit over
threaded couplings is that the connecting faces and hooks are less prone
to damage if the coupling is dropped on to, or dragged over, a hard
Any hose found to be defective due to materials and / or workmanship shall be replaced at no charge up to ten years. In general, hose warranties cover manufacturing defects leading
to hose failure. Wear through and abuse are not covered by warranty.