Our domestic hoses are made by the largest fire hose manufacturer in the United States. They are manufactured to meet or exceed NFPA standards used by fire departments. The only difference is that we stock it and have our FireHoseDirect brand stenciled on each hose. If you are a fire department customer and need the manufacturer name stenciled on the hose instead of FireHoseDirect due to bid restrictions, we can special order these hoses for your department.
Special pricing is available for this product because of the long lead time of 4-8 weeks.
About Key Hose (KFH Industries) - Established in 1988 in Miami, Florida and is the largest manufacturer of fire hose in the world.
About Big-10 from Key Fire - Big-10 is the most common fire hose sold to fire departments. Key Fire offers some specially designed hoses but for most fire departments, the Big-10 product line is the most economical solution for attack lines.
- Combines the rugged flexibility of filament polyester with rugged EPDM rubber liner
- Lightweight, easy to handle and maneuver
- Extremely durable and highly abrasion resistant
- Mildew, chemical and UV resistant
- 10-year warranty and guaranteed not to delaminate for the life of the hose
Double jacket construction is tightly woven with filament polyester yarn in the filler and ring spun polyester yarn in the warp of both the inside and outside jackets. Double jackets encapsulate a rubber lining consisting of single-ply extruded tube of synthetic EPDM compounded that is ozone resistant.
Big-10 is coupled with 6061-T6 extruded aluminum threaded couplings.
Service test pressures stenciled on the hose shall be in accordance with current minimum requirements of NFPA 1962.
Big-10 hose meets and exceeds all performance requirements of NFPA 1961, Underwriters Laboratories and MIL-H-24606 latest edition for abrasion resistance.
How To Purchase Fire Hose
- Always ask where the hose is manufactured - Buy American!
- Adding color impregnation improves durability compared to untreated white hose
- The most common hose, thread and couplings in use by fire departments today is double jacket hose with aluminum NH / NST
- Service Pressure (A 3-minute hydrostatic test conducted by users on in-service hose to determine suitability for continued service)
- Proof Test Pressure (A pressure equal to a least two times the service test pressure)
- PSI Burst Test Pressure
Download Spec Sheet
1 1/2" Hose Male Couplings
- Inside diameter of a male coupling - 1 1/2" inches
- Outside diameter of a male NH / NST coupling - 1.99 inches (9 Threads per inch)
- Outside diameter a male NPSH or NPT coupling - 1.87 inches (11.5 Threads per inch)
- The female side of a NH / NST coupling will only connect to a male NH / NST connection
- The male side of a NH / NST coupling will only connect to a female NH / NST connection
The most common thread type in use by fire departments today is NST or National Standard Thread. NST also goes by the initials NH or National Hose. It can even be referred to as NHT or National Hose Thread but NST or NH is more common these days. NH = NST
Any hose found to be defective due to materials and / or workmanship shall be replaced at no charge up to ten years. In general, hose warranties cover manufacturing defects leading
to hose failure.
Wear through and abuse are not covered by warranty.