Special pricing is available for this product because of the lead time of 4-6 weeks.
This hose is a lightweight forestry fire "mop-up" hose and is not intended to be a substitute for home garden hoses. Please see SKU PGH (Perfect Garden Hose) for a kink-free lightweight home garden hose.
Hose manufactured to this specification shall be of superior quality and workmanship. Hose specified, shall meet NFPA some performance standards of NFPA 1961 standards. For North American customers, due to lack of verification of adherence to NFPA 1961 standards, import hose shall not be accepted. Hose must be woven and manufactured in the USA. Hose furnished under these specifications will have a potential service life and warranty of 1 year, barring mistreatment that would render it unfit for service. Upon delivery the hose shall be free from defects in workmanship and materials. Hose designed to Federal Specification 4210-01- 167-1061 standards.
How To Purchase Fire Hose
- Always ask where the hose is manufactured - Buy American!
- Adding color impregnation improves durability compared to untreated white hose
- 50 foot lengths are easier to handle and offer more layout flexibility vs. 100 foot lengths
- The most common hose, thread and couplings in use by fire departments today is double jacket hose with aluminum NH / NST
- Double jacket hose with any color is the most durable hose available
- Forest firefighting
- Brush firefighting
- Grass firefighting
- Wildland firefighting
- Light Industrial Use
Test Ratings (Water Only With Expansion Ring Couplings)
- Service Pressure (A 3-minute hydrostatic test conducted by users on in-service hose to determine suitability for continued service)
- Proof Test Pressure (A pressure equal to a least two times the service test pressure)
- PSI Burst Test Pressure
Download Spec Sheet
- The female side of a NH / NST coupling will only connect to a male NH / NST connection
- The male side of a NH / NST coupling will only connect to a female NH / NST connection
- The female side of a NPSH coupling will only connect to a male NPT pipe or a male NPSH connection
- The male side of a NPSH coupling will only connect to a female NPSH connection. It will NOT thread into a female NPT pipe. For example, a male NPSH coupling will NOT thread into a female metal or pvc pipe.
- The female side of a garden hose will only connect to a male garden hose connection.
- The male side of a garden hose will only connect to a female garden hose connection.
The most common thread type in use by fire departments today is NST or National Standard Thread. NST also goes by the initials NH or National Hose. It can even be referred to as NHT or National Hose Thread but NST or NH is more common these days. NH = NST
Any hose found to be defective due to materials and / or workmanship shall be replaced at no charge up to 30 days. In general, hose warranties cover manufacturing defects leading
to hose failure.
Wear through and abuse are not covered by warranty.