2 1/2" Double Jacket Combat Ready Fire Hose
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 10 - 19 and get $10.00 off
- Buy 20 or above and get $12.50 off
Our 2.5 inch "Made in the USA" combat ready double jacket firefighting hose designed for aggressive interior fire attack operations. Polyester outer jacket with a one-piece extruded through-the-weave nitrile/PVC tube inner lining. Ultimate tensile strength not less than 1500 psi. Outstanding abrasion, cold resistance, flashover resistance, burst resistance and minimum water pick-up weight specifications. Meets and exceeds all NFPA 1961 Standards. Aluminum NH couplings standard. Standard color is high-visibility whilte with one red and one blue stripe.
- Unmatched Kink Resistance
- High Flow Capabilities / More GPM
- Reduced Friction Loss
- Superior Heat Resistance
- Rugged Durability
- 1 Year Wear/Tear
- 10 Year Warranty
- 500 PSI Service Pressure
- 1000 PSI Test Pressure
- 1500 PSI Burst Pressure
Available Lengths - 50 feet only
Available NFPA Colors - White, Yellow, Green, Orange
Available Couplings - Aluminum
Available Threads - NH / NST or NPSH
Coil Size 50' Coupled - 18 1/2"
Weight Per 50 Foot Section Coupled Hose - 28 pounds
Width of Hose Laying Flat - 4 3/8" is the approximate width of new hose.
How To Purchase Fire Hose
- Always ask where the hose is manufactured - Buy American!
- Adding color impregnation improves durability compared to untreated white hose
- 50 foot lengths are easier to handle and offer more layout flexibility vs. 100 foot lengths
- Brass fittings are typically used only around salt water or corrosive chemical environments
- The most common hose, thread and couplings in use by fire departments today is double jacket hose with aluminum NH/NST
- 2.5” NH/NST couplings measures close to 3 inches across the outside diameter of the male (ODM)
- Double jacket hose with any color is the most durable hose available
- The female side of a NH / NST coupling will only connect to a male NH / NST connection
- The male side of a NH / NST coupling will only connect to a female NH / NST connection
- The female side of a NPSH coupling will only connect to a male NPT pipe or a male NPSH connection
- The male side of a NPSH coupling will only connect to a female NPSH connection. It will NOT thread into a female NPT pipe
- Municipal Fire Departments
- Heavy Industrial Use
|Male||National Standard||National Pipe Straight Hose|
|Size||NH or NST||NPSH|
ODM = Outside Diameter of Male
IDM = Inside Diameter of Male
TPI = Threads Per Inch
NPT = National Pipe Tapered
NPSH = National Pipe Straight Hose
NH = National Hose
NST = National Standard Thread
The most common thread type in use by fire departments today is NST or National Standard Thread. NST also goes by the initials NH or National Hose. It can even be referred to as NHT or National Hose Thread but NST or NH is more common these days. NH = NST
The second most common thread is NPSH (also known as IPT). A female NPSH coupling can thread on to a male NPT and seal via gasket if the face of the NPT male is square. NPSH = IPT = SIPT and has the same TPI (threads per inch) as NPT. NPSH is the straight thread version of NPT which is tapered thread and common in non-fire department use.
All FireHoseDirect.com hose have a guaranteed service life from one year up to ten years, depending on the product. Barring mistreatment or accidental damage, such as would render the hose unfit for service. All hose shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the full warranty life. All hose is 100% immune to mildew or rotting.